Friday, April 1, 2011

Video Capabilities!

Lookout internet world, I have figured out how to add videos!  That being said, I have several videos that I wanted to put up on past posts but lacked the necessary tech skills to pull it off.  Lucky for all of you, me + a few glasses of red wine on a Friday night = computer miracles.  I hope you enjoy!

This first clip is from Mom and Jackie's recent visit.  After all the Iditarod excitement died down, they had 1 more day in town.  We decided to drive south down the Seward Highway and check out the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center.  It's actually one of my favorite things to do, I even sprung for a season pass for this year!  AWCC is a nonprofit organization south of Anchorage that takes in injured and orphaned wildlife from Alaska.  They give animals that would no longer make it on their own a second lease on life.  We were down there in mid-March to see the moose, caribou, pourcipine, elk, bald eagle and maybe the lynx.  What we didn't expect was for the bears to be awake!  What a surprise.  They recently acquired 2 baby brown bears.  We had a ball checking out the little boogers, and they LOVED listening to Jackie talk to them in her best "baby bear" voice!  Here they are!

No comments:

Post a Comment